Health and Safety Consultant
Health and Safety Consultant
Jelf are award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals. We are a leading insurance broking and client advisory business built on decades of experience, dependability and commitment to excellent service.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients, our colleagues and the communities we serve across the UK.
Our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
Reporting to the Managing Consultant, you will be responsible for providing a range of clients with high quality, accurate and practical advice on all aspects of health and safety.
This is a unique role allowing you the opportunity to work with your own portfolio of clients within your region taking them on a journey to compliance. The role offers the opportunity to develop your training delivery skills and enables you to deliver training courses as and when appropriate to our client base across the UK. Training is not an essential element to the role and other development areas will be open to you within the field of H&S and Environmental Management dependant on your current knowledge and skill set.
Jelf is committed to you and your career and as part of this role you will have the platform to continue to improve your industry knowledge and gain further qualifications which is funded by the business and carried out within your contracted hours.
As part of your day to day duties it is important to ensure our clients are made aware of our full product and services offering generating further potential income for the wider business where possible.
It is essential that you hold Chartered Membership to the Institution of Occupational Safety and Heath (CMIOSH) or equivalent standard to be considered for this position.
- Comply with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Code of Conduct at all times.
- Have responsibility for the effective delivery of health and safety assistance to your allocated clients in line with the contractual agreement.
- Advise on relevant aspects of health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Preparation of health and safety documentation relevant to the client needs.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all advice given to clients and client time used.
- Support clients as necessary in carrying out their legal duties by attending formal meetings, such as committee meetings, meetings with representatives of an enforcement body or to investigate any major accidents.
- Increase income from existing clients wherever possible, utilising products from within the risk management team and from the wider Jelf business; matching client needs to core products.
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in providing high quality, accurate and practical advice on all aspects of health and safety
- Experience in dealing with Enforcement Teams and supporting clients during enforcement action.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively
- Hold Chartered Membership to the Institution of Occupational Safety and Heath (CMIOSH) or equivalent
We are Jelf – award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve means we can offer advice and solutions that meet our clients' needs today, anticipate what they need tomorrow, and help question if there’s an even better way.
Jelf recently joined forces with Bluefin, bringing together two leading insurance brokers and client advisory businesses. A newly transformed business built on decades of experience with the same purpose, dependability and commitment to excellent service.
We're also part of Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
Jelf offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.