Divisional Head of Health & Safety (Construction)
Divisional Head of Health & Safety (Construction) | Surrey | £95,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a major Construction business to recruit a Divisional Head of Health and Safety. The company are going from strength to strength and are involved in a broad range of major construction, civil engineering and demolition projects. This role is focused on leading the health and safety agenda for the construction division, with a turnover in excess of £200m across the UK.
The organisation is looking for a creative, innovative individual with can bring new ideas. It is essential candidates for this role have a proven track record of engaging and influencing senior management, and team management experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- To oversee and manage health and safety across the division and continually refine and improve the health and safety strategy
- Lead the Health and Safety team ensuring delivery of the operational strategy across sites
- Influencing, engaging and coaching key internal and external stakeholders to effect change
- Conducting major incident investigation to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role ideally within construction, demolition or a related industry
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management and site level operations
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and ideally Chartership of IOSH
This position would suit someone who is passionate about health and safety and driving best practice forward. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Michael Colton on or call 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.
Apply for Divisional Head of Health & Safety (Construction)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly