Interim Health and Safety Advisor
Your new company
My client are a government organisation who work across the South West of England - this role covers sites including Winchester, Exeter, Bristol and the Isle of Wight. You will work alongside a small team and be responsible for numerous sites in the South West.
6 months role to start asap
Reporting to a Regional Health & Safety Advisor and working closely with all levels of the business on site. This is a mobile role so a vehicle and Full UK Driving Licence are essential.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Regional Safety Advisor in the implementation of the Health & Safety, Management Plans.
- Carrying out routine inspections and monitoring of Health and Safety performance.
- Carry out random checks of company activities, workplaces and works in progress within the region to ensure that suitable and sufficient risk assessments are being made, updated as necessary, results recorded and appropriate action instituted.
- Ensuring that appropriate risk assessments and the necessary control systems are employed and adequately recorded.
- Investigate accidents/incidents to company personnel and, where appropriate, to supply chain staff.
- Delivering safety training for staff and specialist training where needed.
- Preparing reports on matters of health and safety.
- Chairing regular health and safety management meetings.
- Keeping company staff informed of changes in health and safety regulations and procedures which affect them.
What you'll need to succeed
You must hold the NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum, ideally hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent along with extensive Health and Safety experience gained from the public sector.
What you'll get in return
This temporary position offers a day rate between £200-£250 per day and a great opportunity of a minimum of 6 Months's work , potentially as long as 12 Months. You must use your own vehicle to travel, but mileage can be claimed back.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me today.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.