Behavioural Safety Manager
Behavioural Safety Manager - construction (major projects upwards to £50m in value) - major national main contractor - Midlands-based, multi-site with travel across the region - £50k-£60k+package dependent on qualifications and experience.
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the Behavioral Safety Manager is to co-ordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of the safety Strategy; enhancing the professional leadership, support and coaching that can be provided on live projects and off the job training sessions to establish and maintain company performance with respect to health, safety and environmental leadership, attitudes, standards and site performance. Working closely with the HSE Department, Operational Teams and supply chain the role will involve:
* Driving cultural change across disciplines to participate in Behavioural Safety initiatives
* Undertaking direct discussion with site personnel in a coaching/mentoring role in order to assist projects in raising awareness of behaviour and culture, and positively intervening where unsafe events/conditions are found
* Leading and implementing the Company's safety strategy; including monitoring the effectiveness and advising where changes are required
* Act as an ambassador, coach and strong advocate of the company's behavioural safety programme as well as the general values that the Board is seeking to enhance and maintain
* Undertake Leadership Tours to provide support and determine performance levels, attitudes and the extent of coaching that might be required
* Promote and progress the Health and Safety Coaches; recruitment, selection, training and ongoing support and development of the coaches
* Develop and Review plans for the projects
* Provide direct feedback and coaching to the project leaders and where required the responsible off site senior management
* Where deemed to be of most value, working with the project leaders and responsible Director provide on the job coaching to the wider project - to include the management team, workforce and targeted subcontractors.
* Support the training and induction programme
* Organise the annual Health and Safety Culture survey and review findings making recommendations to the HSEQ Board
* Promote strategy and how these can be embedded across projects and the wider business
* Act as an advocate of the company's safety programme with external parties, including clients, prospective clients and suppliers
* Support the Group HSEQ Manager and Directors with supplier engagement days
* Support the Group HSEQ Manager and Directors with significant internal safety events.
* Support the Board and Group HSEQ Manager in developing the company's safety Programme.
* Support HSEQ line management in the implementation of all Group HSEQ Procedures and report any issues arising on site or within business units which may have an impact on HSEQ compliance.
* Support teams in the development of the safety Programme to meet Client requirements
* Where working practices pose a significant risk to health, safety or the environment; ensure that: the unsafe operation is stopped; inform site and business unit management immediately; provide appropriate support, advice and assistance in identifying and implementing the necessary remedial actions.
Typical expected output will include but not be restricted to:
* Produce minutes of all Plan review meetings, every site to be visited within 4 weeks of start and 12 weekly thereafter
* Produce quarterly progress reports for HSEQ Board meeting, and Sector Board meetings as appropriate including leading indicators
* Produce written briefs and/or presentations following attendance at seminars, forums etc.
* Produce the training module objectives
* Maintain the availability of appointed Health and Safety Coaches on projects across the business (recruit, train, develop)
* Provide the materials to support the Health and Safety Coaches as identified at the Quarterly Coaches Forums
* Minimum annual supplier engagement day organised and delivered
* Annual Health and Safety Culture Survey undertaken
* Quarterly Leadership Tours undertaken
* Action plans in place for projects/subcontractors showing poor performance, culture and/or behaviours
Competency Requirements Technical / Professional Expertise and Qualifications Required
* Preferred experience in the Construction Industry
* Preferred experience in Health, Safety and Environmental Management
* Member of a Professional Body progressing to Chartered status
* Minimum of NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
* AET Level 2 minimum
* Attendance at Industry Recognised Behavioural Safety Training Course (2 days minimum)
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy