The RSK Group is looking to recruit an experienced SHEQ professional on a full time basis to join its management systems team in either Bristol or Hemel Hempstead to assist in the provision and continued delivery of solutions to achieve quality assurance in the company’s work, together with attainment of best practice in safety, health and environmental management. The RSK Group is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
SHEQ Advisor – Bristol or Hemel Hempstead (other RSK UK offices may be considered)
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing SHEQ policies and procedures both on site and in the office
- Engaging with staff and contractors on SHEQ performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets
- Conducting audits, inspections and incident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- External audit participation and guidance
- Supporting the delivery of legal compliance obligations
- Provision and design of SHEQ training to RSK Group employees and external parties as required
- Provision of SHEQ advice to workforce and contract support to operations
- Assist in the implementation of Group SHEQ initiatives.
- At least 5 years experience in a health and safety position.
- Civils or construction experience an advantage but not essential
- A NEBOSH General Certificate, ideally TechIOSH status, and experience with ISO standards
- Good technical knowledge of health and safety legislation
- A confident and experienced trainer
- ISO internal auditor qualification an advantage but is not essential.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Travel (UK, and occasionally internationally) for up to 50% of workload
- Strong written and verbal communication is essential to the role.
- Computer literate and skilled with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, with diligence, integrity and ambition.
- Must hold a full UK drivers licence.
- Additional qualifications/memberships in Environment, Health, Safety and Quality an advantage.
Salary and benefits:
- £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare voucher and private health care
- Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Kate Pine, Senior HR Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information please call 01928 726006.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
To see further career opportunities with RSK Group, visit our website www.rsk.co.uk