Head of HSSE
Head of HSSE - Global Logistics Organisation - £108k - London - Permanent
YOUR NEW COMPANY
A global leading logistics company who employs over 30,000 people across 100 countries is looking for a Regional Head of Health, Safety, Security and Environment to join their EMEA division. This is a brand new position for the company and is a fantastic opportunity to join an established business to provide HSSE leadership that will lead and drive a continuously improving safety culture within the region.
YOUR NEW ROLE
In this post, you will be responsible for creating a compelling HSSE vision and working across the breadth of the business to leave a positive HSSE Legacy. You will focus on the development of long term strategies for the CEO/MD and board in relation to strategic plans, safety performance and legislation and compliance Reporting directly to the CEO you will be responsible for:
- the strategic direction of HSSE across the UK and EMEA region
- providing HSSE expertise to Corporate Governance
- leading HSSE cultural and behavioural change to eliminate the incidence of accidents and injuries across the region
- providing HSE leadership that will lead and drive a continuously improving HSE culture within the region.
- complying with Fatal Risk Standards, Health & Safety Policy and safe working practices, ensuring responsibility for safety and discipline in work areas and reporting accidents and 'near misses' in accordance with defined safety procedures
- conducting reviews of HSSE business unit performance indicators and strategic plans
- providing expert Health and Safety advice to Senior and Business Unit Management
- the emergency response and contingency planning including crisis management
- undertaking training needs analysis for HSSE professionals and work with management to complete training and development activities to close competency gaps within the global business
- coaching, mentoring, guiding and educating Senior Management in HSSE knowledge and practices for safety reform
- leading safety forums for Senior Management and business unit HSSE Advisors
- review statistics and HSSE data to identify cost drivers to prioritise cost control efforts
- staff management of 3 x employees
- directing and driving performance management culture within the team ensuring that staff meet their targets in line with the business needs
You will demonstrate a compelling vision about employees' wellbeing, health and safety, and the protection of the environment.
WHAT YOU'LL GET IN RETURN
You'll be offered a salary of upto £108k p.a. plus company benefits such as cash allowance, a generous bonus, health insurance, 26 days holiday, financial support for further training and development, free lunch and flexibility to work from home.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
You'll have the NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) as a minimum and will be CMIOSH or equivalent. You must have a proven track record of embedding HSSE behavioural change in relation to a safety culture on both operational sites and office based environments It is also key that you have:
- international HSSE experience across multiple sites and you must also have experience of leading transformational HSSE change across a diverse business.
- experience of proactively engaging and influencing senior management and other key stakeholders to improve HSSE
- extensive experience of delivering high standards of compliance for Health and Safety
It is also desirable, but not essential, that you have experience within the logistics industry.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.