Health & Safety Advisor
Your new company
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety Advisor to join a well known British Train Operating Company with a wide reach across the UK with routes totalling 936 miles from London to Glasgow. They currently operate near to 50 trains including electric and High Speed trains. This role will be to join the current team in their North London depot where you will have the opportunity to influence across the engineering depot, provide expert H&S support to the HSE Manager and the Estates team.
Your new role
Your new role will be both challenging but exciting. You will be given all the tools and support available to push your professional development whilst helping to keep the compliance element of a heavily regulated industry on top form.
Your main duties will be:
- supporting the HSE Manager in developing, preparing & implementing new & exciting HSE policies.
- compiling detailed H&S reports, accidents and incident investigation and carrying out risk assessments
- getting out into the depot and engaging with staff to influence culture change surrounding health and safety in the engineering team.
- becoming a well recognised face within the depot and take charge of the safety boards, first aid and all visual impact.
- you will also be supporting the Facilities team and Estates department and helping to raise orders for new products, parts or spares
- COSHH is a key risk in the depot so you will be assisting in ensuring all items are assessed, recorded, stored and disposed of correctly
- you will build strong and effective relationships with Managers to ensure health & safety is taken seriously across the whole depot.
- you will be responsible for liaising with all of the health & safety team reps across the depot to influence and support behavioural change
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will be need to be a motivated and energetic character with a drive to do well within Health & Safety. A good knowledge of IT systems such as Windows, Word and Excel is essential and any exposure to SOROS & Sypol would be beneficial but can be taught! You should be able to demonstrate experience of influencing & challenging behaviour & be excited to use your influence through the shop floor through to our Directors when they are on site. ISO Standards must be top notch as a main objective for the company is maintaining and improving them. A NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate is also essential.
What you'll get in return
As well as a competitive junior level salary of £30,000, you will also get extensive travel benefits including unlimited free travel with this operating company. Travel benefits also extend out to other operators with up to a 75% discount including friends, family and discount of European travel also. There is also a final salary pension scheme and an emphasis put on continued professional development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Health & Safety Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly