Group HSE Manager
Acre is delighted to be partnered with one of the UK's largest privately-owned property developers to identify a Group Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager. Working as a number two to the Group Head of HSE and collaborating closely with regional business unit leaders, this position will take responsibility for a number of business units turning over approximately £750m.
Through an enabling and collaborative approach, you will play a crucial role in the continued growth of the business, helping to create a sustainable and values-driven HSE culture.
* Provide high-quality, professional and proactive support to the regional and divisional business units from the design stage through to project completion
* Influence and empower business unit leaders to shape and implement robust plans that drive performance improvements where required
* Advise, guide and coach personnel with the implementation of the company Health, Safety & Environment policy and management system
* Act as a source of competent Health, Safety & Environment advice within the company and across allocated projects, providing advice to directors, project teams and managers
* Ensure that site and project teams are self-sufficient and properly enabled through a successful HSE coaching and influencing strategy
* Lead on all major incident and accident investigation and ensure that preventive actions are implemented through a process of root cause analysis
* Relevant technical knowledge gained through substantial and sustained HSE experience in a property or housebuilding environment
* Highly engaging and compelling communication style with a proven ability to win hearts and minds at all levels within an organisation
* Ambitious and results driven with a strong desire to exceed expectations both internally and externally
* Takes ownership of complex issues and tasks and empowers others to do the same
* Progressive and forward-thinking approach to HSE
* GradIOSH working towards Chartered status as a minimum, preferably CMIOSH
This position offers a fantastic chance for a driven and ambitious candidate to work for a nationally-recognised and fast-growing property developer. For more information or to apply to this position, please contact Jonathan Goldsmith on +44 (0) 207 400 5596 or at