Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager - Property Management - Up to £45k - London - Permanent
YOUR NEW COMPANY
A well-established family based Commercial and Residential Property organisation is looking for a Health & Safety Manager to join the business. The company owns over 1,200 properties across the UK and is currently expanding their extensive portfolio of properties.
YOUR NEW ROLE
This is a stand-alone position that reports directly into the Head of Property Management. You'll be mainly focused on overseeing a robust H&S management plan, ensuring the company is in line with current statutory requirements and you'll be responsible for:
- Ensure all training for staff is current and renewed within relevant timeframes.
- Chair quarterly H&S Committee Meetings
- Co-ordinate regular meetings with asbestos and legionella consultants and Property Managers.
- Oversee management of the H&S software and provide user training for all new staff members and refresher training for all users and refresher training for all who require it.
- Ascertain the level of H&S compliance over the entire portfolio and compile data on all existing statutory documentation.
- Regularly tender all H&S survey fees for Fire/General Risk Assessments, Water Hygiene RAs, Asbestos Managements surveys, and negotiate good market value rates with competent companies.
- Oversee the administration of the approved contractor list (ACL) and all contractor's applications and ensure relevant information supplied meets requirements to facilitate the contractor's entry onto the ACL.
- Ongoing management of the ACL i.e. annual reviews should be carried out in order to ensure all contractors are currently qualified/insured to carry out works.
- Ensure suitable procedures are set up and rolled out to site for all foreseeable emergencies.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff, contractors and tenants, where necessary, in all H&S matters.
- Seek to continually improve and maintain high levels of H&S awareness and compliance throughout the company and the whole portfolio.
- Keep staff updated on CDM regulations as they change.
- Manage the process of reporting any incidents to the HSE (RIDDOR).
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
You must hold a NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) as a minimum and be at Tech IOSH level. You are ideally experienced of operating in a Commercial and Residential Property Market or related (not essential) and must be able to work with a great deal of autonomy.
WHAT YOU'LL GET IN RETURN
You'll be offered an annual salary raging from £40k to £45k (depending on experience), 25 days annual leave, company pension, Healthcare plan and company support on further relevant qualifications.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO NOW
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.