Health and Safety Advisor
Health and Safety Advisor
Permanent. Hours: 37 per week
Part time/flexible working options will be considered
Based at: FHQ
Main Purpose of Role
As Health and Safety Advisor you will be required to:
- Support the implementation of the H&S management system
- Provide advice and guidance on a range of topics and assist in the development risk assessments.
- Undertake inspections, audits and accident investigations.
- Undertake specialist assessments (such as noise, environmental, ergonomic), utilising specialist equipment to identify improvements required
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Be qualified to NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent.
- Have previous health and safety experience within a large multi-sited organisation with a proven ability to develop and deliver health and safety services.
- In possession of Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH
- Must have a current driving license and the ability to travel around the County to various locations as and when required
Unfortunately, candidates who are contractually employed by other forces or working in partnership with Nottinghamshire Police i.e. Council, NHS, Contractors etc. are unable to apply for internal vacancies at this time.
Please note that you must obtain your line manager’s sign off if applying for an internal vacancy. This will need to be submitted on the MFSS Line Manager Awareness Document which is published at the bottom of the advert. Any applications submitted without the support document will not be progressed through the process. Completion of the Line Manager Awareness Document does not mean that release from your current role is supported. Should you be successful, a release date will be negotiated between the two departments.
Supporting information on application forms has a maximum of 2000 words. Please ensure this is provided in the supporting evidence section of the electronic application form. Any supporting information included as an attachment will not be considered. CV’s will also not be accepted.
Candidates currently at risk will be required to complete and attach the at risk pro-forma document.
For further information about the role please contact Jessica Wenham Senior Health and Safety Advisor 01159670999 ext 8002284
All applicants will be subject to the Force Vetting Policy.
PROUD embodies everything we stand for as an organisation, for further detail on our PROUD values please visit the link below.
Nottinghamshire Police is committed to the principles of Equality, Fairness and Diversity, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community in our efforts to recruit a diverse and flexible workforce that reflects the people we serve.