Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager - London - Up to £45k - Permanent
YOUR NEW COMPANY
One of the biggest and well-known shopping and leisure destinations in the UK is looking for a Health & Safety Manager to join the organisation. This is a FTSE 250 company with over 15 sites across Europe.
YOUR NEW ROLE
This is multi-site location role where you will have the responsibility of covering, implement and improve the Health & Safety and Fire policies and procedures. Reporting directly to the Group Health & Safety Manager and with 2 direct reports you will be primarily responsible for:
- ensure the systems and processes you implement, across the business reflect the intentions of and are in compliance with best industry practice (ISO 9001, 14001, and OHSAS 18001)
- lead the deployment and maintenance of the HS&F training strategy for the centres under your control
- empower management team representatives to make HS&F related decisions and ensure they are comfortable conducting Health and safety related tasks
- communicate and drive the HS&F strategy which will deliver measurable cultural, behavioural and procedural improvements in HS&E performance across our business
- proactively engage with Regional Centre Directors, General Managers, Operations Managers, and Centre health and safety Managers to ensure, as Duty holders they are aligned with the strategy you develop
- work closely with the leadership teams to leverage consistent, cost effective health and safety management procedures and initiatives across all areas of the business
- produce high level reports detailing Health Safety and Environmental performance for analysis at Group Board level
- offer hands on management with all aspects of Health and Safety
- liaise with regulatory authorities and professional bodies on health and safety and investigatory issues
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
You are CMIOSH or working towards, you'll have some form of Engineering or technical background and have ideally previous experience working for a high-profile company in the retail / hospitality sector or related.
WHAT YOU'LL GET IN RETURN
You'll be offered £40k - £45k, matching pension 5%, life insurance, Bupa, personal accident cover, 25 days holiday and discretionary bonus.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Health & Safety Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly