Health, Safety & Compliance Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Midcounties Co-operative for a Health, Safety and Compliance Manager to join our fantastic team based in Warwick.
This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining a formal compliance framework supporting the business to operate to an acceptable level and achieve best practice. Leading change to procedures where health & safety and compliance matters require modernisation and updating. Whilst managing an excellent team of advisors, providing support and guidance to ensure they are developed and mentored to provide optimum health & safety, food hygiene and property compliance support and advice.
Health & Safety
· Ensure the Society has a compliant Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Policy
· Applying an effective and proactive approach to health safety and compliant orientated culture is adopted through the Society
· Driving the implementation of policies and procedures
· Devising and implementing a Major Incident Plan policy integrated with Business Continuity Plans to ensure sites are supported should any incidents occur
· Building effective working relationships with external regulatory bodies
· Managing the Society’s property compliance function to ensure all statutory obligations are me
· Managing the Society’s property compliance function to ensure all statutory obligations are met
· Ensuring that effective systems are in place regarding property compliance to identify and capture areas of risk and address them in a timely manner
· Very strong Operational Manager (working outside of remit where required to support other projects and other senior managers)
· Ability to work within frequently demanding timescales to resolve regulatory issues
· Highly motivated and enthusiasm for area of specialism
· Managing budgets
· NVQ level 4 in Occupational Health & Safety or Level 6 NEBOSH
· Level 3 in Food Safety (RSPH/CIEH etc.
· Chartered member of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (CMIOSH)