Health & Safety Advisor - Construction
Health and Safety Advisor | Birmingham | £35,000 to £40,000 + benefits
We're pleased to be engaged by a principal contractor to recruit a site based Health and Safety Advisor. This role will be responsible for driving a positive safety culture on a large, mixed use residential and commercial development in Birmingham. This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive and motivated health and safety professional looking to further develop and grow their career with a leader in the construction industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing innovative ideas to improve health and safety performance
- Leading on health and safety and engaging across the site, implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or a related industry
- Minimum of NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to tailor a message and communicate succinctly to a range of stakeholders
- Drive and enthusiasm with the willingness to learn, develop and grow in the role
An excellent opportunity to work with a leading construction company working on some of the highest profile developments across the country. If you have the required experience and skills please contact Michael Colton or 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.