Regional Health & Safety Advisor - Construction
Regional Health & Safety Advisor | Edinburgh | £40,000 to £45,000 + Travel & Benefits
Irwin & Colton are working with a leading Principal Contractor to secure a Regional Health & Safety Advisor to oversee a portfolio of construction projects across their northern region. The role will report in to the HSEQ Director and ensure the consistent implementation and progression of a positive safety culture across all sites in the regional area.
This principal contractor has an annual turnover of over £400 million, has a strong heritage and is going from strength to strength.
Key responsibilities of the Regional Health & Safety Advisor:
- Oversee health and safety across a portfolio of large and small construction projects, advising and supporting site safety advisors
- Carry out site inspections and audits to identify any unsafe practices and educate the construction teams towards the correct methods of work
- Keep up to date with health and safety legislation and company policies and procedures, and ensure that the site teams are following these
- Liaise with senior management teams, offering health and safety advice as necessary and attending regular health and safety meetings
- Lead accident/incident investigations for your area
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Proven experience in a similar role within construction, civils engineering or a related industry
- Recognised Health and safety qualifications and membership of IOSH (or another recognised body)
- Experience in a leading or mentoring other Health & Safety professionals
- Valid UK driving licence and wiliness to travel
This is a great opportunity to work for a well-known construction company, on a varied and interesting portfolio of projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply or call 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.