Health and Safety Advisor - Contract
Our client, a leading Construction group providing innovative and efficient infrastructure nationally and internationally, are looking to hire a new Health and Safety Advisor. Reporting directly into the Health & Safety Director. You will need to build a strong culture, and develop relationships with key contractors, internal working groups and senior management to ensure all obligations to Health and Safety are achieved. This role would be a contract role lasting a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in developing and maintaining the elements of the businesses safety management system (SMS documents) pertaining to operations
- Providing guidance to local managers on the implementation of company competency and safety procedures
- In conjunction with key colleagues, define, agree and implement practices and procedures to reach strategic safety goals, delivering safe and secure environments in all areas of the group and ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety, CDM and Fire related legislation
- Undertaking management checks and operations/competence technical audit activities as defined by the current health and safety strategy
To succeed, you'll need:
- A Degree in Occupational Safety/Safety Diploma or equivalent
- Desirable qualifications include Diploma in Fire Prevention, NEBOSH Construction Certificate or a recognised environmental qualification
- Demonstrable experience working within the construction industry on either major projects or new builds
- Experience of devising and delivering training programmes
- CDM experience
If you're excited by the prospect of joining an innovative and committed team within a high-profile business. Don't delay - apply now and get in touch for more information.
Apply for Health and Safety Advisor - Contract
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly