Rail Safety Manager
Acre is pleased to be partnering with a long-standing infrastructure client, as they look to identify a Rail Safety Manager. As such, Acre is looking to have conversations with Safety Manager's with an array of experience within engineering and operational rail safety.
Our client is a household name with ambitious rail plans over the course of the next decade, making this an exciting time to be joining the business. You will have one operational direct safety report, allowing you to have a strategic focus on safety management for the business.
With a heavy background in the rail industry, you will have a variety of experience, from working for a Train Operating Company (TOC) or a principal contractor. Having experience within operational rail, heavy engineering and rolling stock will be vital to succeed within this position.
Your role will include:
- Developing operational safety standards across the businesses rail division, complying with the Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (ROGS) requirements
- Providing advice and assurance to the Senior Management Team and to the Rail Board around operational safety procedures
- Developing and maintaining the safety management system, including fire safety and ensuing that rail industry standards are met
- Providing considered direction on occupational safety issues and maintaining statutory compliance
Alongside technical expertise, promoting a positive safety culture through engaging and progressive techniques will be essential for success.
We're looking for people who have:
- NEBOSH Diploma (Or equivalent) in Occupational Safety and Health
- NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate
- Local and industry wide rail knowledge
- Excellent wider stakeholder engagement skills and a history of up-skilling senior management teams
If you would be interested in working for a global and well-respected brand, who are at the start of an exciting period of rail growth, then please apply today to be considered for this attractive position.