Health & Safety Manager
Acre is pleased to be working with one of the UK's best loved coffeehouses to identify a new Health & Safety Manager. This nationwide role comes at an exciting time of growth for the business, and will see you managing health and safety systems and strategy from both head office and out and about on site. You'll support the operations team in delivering safety to all employees, premises and customers whilst preparing the business to safely develop and grow, in the UK and beyond.
You'll be responsible for:
- Managing Health and Safety Management Systems throughout the retail estate, ensuring high standards and regulatory compliance are maintained, audits are passed, and training is delivered
- Minimising risks to the business through observation of industry trends, internal developments, opportunities to innovate and maintenance of safe sites
- Collaborating with key stakeholders and various teams throughout the business, promoting a modern, engaging idea of health and safety ownership
- Developing relevant and effective training programmes to engage with the workforce, promoting awareness and identifying health and safety champions
- Undertaking additional duties in waste strategy, facilities management and project management when necessary, working closely in partnership with colleagues across the business
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of the health and safety strategy and operations for a business currently enjoying great growth and recognition. You'll enjoy spending around three days a week engaging with colleagues at head office, holding positive conversations about health and safety, and the remainder visiting sites and seeing your work in action.
To succeed, you'll need:
- Health and safety qualification, minimum NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience undertaking risk assessments, working with food safety standards and managing projects
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety and Food Safety legislation and a commitment to keeping abreast of developments and current issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, comfortable engaging with a range of audiences
If you're seeking your next move in health and safety, and you're excited by the prospect of working with a great brand going places, then don't hesitate - apply now!