Health & Safety Tutor
Acre has been engaged by a leading government-regulated organisation to identify a Health and Safety Tutor.
Reporting into the Head of Education, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in delivering IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications/courses, up to and including the Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS). You will have a strong knowledge of OSH, having managed health and safety in the work place, and you will have recently taught or trained people on health and safety.
- Delivering IOSH / NEBOSH courses and ensuring all teaching is up to date and is of exceptional quality
- Providing learner support and marking student work to standard and to schedule
- Taking ownership of the courses ensuring they remain current and are technically accurate
- Developing new course materials and providing quality assurance to fellow tutors
- Contributing to tutor meetings, undertaking continuous professional development and promoting the best interests of the organisation at all times
Candidates applying for this role will be highly engaging individuals who have a passion for delivering health and safety courses. You will be a professional and confident communicator with the ability to deliver training to a broad range of individuals.
Skills and capabilities:
- Educated to degree level in health and safety (or equivalent)
- Working experience as a health and safety manager, OSH manager or a SHEQ manager
- Confident and engaging teacher with recent experience of delivering IOSH managing safely
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A teaching qualification or chartered member of IOSH (CMIOSH) are highly desirable
In this newly formed role, you will be a key member of a leading training organisation that is changing the way health and safety training is carried out. They strongly believe that everyone has the right to a safe and healthy working environment.