Risk & Assurance Manager
Acre is pleased to be partnering once again with the Co-Operative Group for the recruitment of a key position at Head Office in Manchester: a Risk & Assurance Manager within the Property HSE team.
The Co-Op, a recognised leader for social goals and community-led programmes, is changing fast. As owners of one of the UK's largest and most diverse commercial property portfolios, transforming the estate to make it fit for the future is a big and important challenge.
The Co-Op's Risk, Health & Safety staff work with the property team to ensure that these amazing customer and employee environments are compliant with legislative requirements and encourage a positive and collaborative culture.
That's where you come in:
This dynamic and close-knit team is growing quickly, meaning there's now a fantastic opportunity to build an exciting career with the Co-Op and help the business manage risk, health and safety across the estate. You'll be supporting the implementation of the Co-Op Risk strategy, carrying out scheduled audits, and ensuring process improvements are understood and implemented by engaging with colleagues throughout various property teams. You'll bring great people skills, credibility and enthusiasm and help to shape how health and safety is managed in a business which truly does put people at the heart of its strategy.
You'll be responsible for:
- Analysing and identifying risks across the Property function, then getting to the root of what they are, and how to monitor and improve them without impacting other processes
- Engaging with external governing bodies and ensuring that any reports and documentation provide a true and accurate reflection of what's occurring within the business
- Undertaking audits across property activities in line with agreed scopes, and working with colleagues to communicate findings and present recommendations
- Driving continuous improvement by gaining buy-in for recommendations and best-practice, emphasising the benefits and importance of such changes
- Coordinating any relevant training following reviews of risk controls and providing an expert point-of-contact to the business for this subject
This position sits within an ambitious and highly effective team, driven by the moral imperative of keeping people safe and doing so in a way which is both inclusive and relatable. Taking a highly collaborative approach, there is plenty to challenge and intrigue you, and your prior experience will have prepared you to be adaptable, innovative and meticulous.
To succeed, you'll need:
- Recognised degree- or diploma-level Safety, Risk or Compliance qualification
- Auditing experience in a similar role, agreeing scopes, leading audit programmes and follow-up actions
- A background in construction or property management, ideally retail-oriented - something fast paced which has prepared you to hit the ground running
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence and challenge people at all levels
- Confidence to innovate and think differently, delivering solutions to a range of problems
- Drive, and a self-motivated approach enabling you to work effectively on your own
If you're a high performer and are excited about what you've read, don't hesitate to apply immediately. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant business which is investing in its estate and the people that help manage it. If you have what it takes to drive improvements and influence all kinds of people across different sites, you could become a part of the change that will transform the way the Co-op do business.