Health & Safety Manager - Construction
Health & Safety Manager (Site Based) |Slough | £55,000 to £60,000 plus car and attractive benefits
Do you enjoy being on site and involved in large scale complex projects?
We're pleased to be partnering with a leading Principal Contractor to secure a Health and Safety Manager to work on a large complex decommissioning project. The company is going from strength to strength with a growing annual turnover of over £400million and an excellent track record of successful project delivery.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager include:
- Planning health and safety throughout the project, from mobilisation through to delivery
- Assessing upcoming challenges and ensuring health and safety solutions are in place
- Being site based to assist, advise and coach contractors to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Conducting incident investigation to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across the project and wider organisation
The Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, from within the construction, heavy industry, demolition or related industry
- Diploma level qualified safety professional, GradIOSH ideally working towards CMIOSH
- A technical understanding of complex demolition and decommissioning projects (significant advantage)
- The ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established market leading business, working on an interesting high-profile project. For further details please contact Michael Colton or 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Advisor, through to Health and Safety Director positions.