Health and Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Manager to work for a multi-disciplined (scaffold, painting, blasting, insulation & rope access) service provider.
Altrad NSG is part of a global conglomerate and is also a key business within the UK group Altrad Services. This role therefore requires the ability to work across this structure in terms of a standalone business and a UK group function.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Reporting to the Managing Director and operating with a strategic approach, you will be responsible for implementing a long-term plan for sustained H&S improvement; ensuring company-wide compliance of health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to all aspects of occupational health and safety.
Managing a team of regionally based Safety Advisors, you will be the driving force behind achieving and maintaining a positive safety culture. Building on the high standards already in place you will need to influence others to demonstrate the right behaviours and practices.
Maintaining the established occupational health programme; accident, incident and near miss reporting processes; health and safety auditing and the management of sub-contractors will all form part of your remit.
You will be responsible for maintaining the company’s ancillary asbestos licence, including procedures, checking plans of work, liaising with regulator and completing audits.
In addition to the above, the post holder would also be required to represent the company at various levels including safety contractor forums and trade association conferences.
This role is also integral to the capabilities of the business and works closely with the HR Manager on these matters (including the development and implementation of internal training).
Having gained significant experience within a similar health and safety environment, you will hold a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent. Confident and resilient, with the ability to influence at all levels you will thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Systems Auditor (Gained by either qualification or experience in carrying out internal & external audits)
- Significant experience in a Health & Safety Management role
- Knowledge of legal, company and client requirements.
- The post holder must have a good understanding of all scaffolding and current asbestos regulations including UKATA registered category ‘C’ Licensable Scaffolder Asbestos Awareness for Managers / Directors.
- This role is based at our Head Office in Deeside, significant travel to UK sites.
- Starting salary for this role is competitive depending upon experience
- Other benefits include Private Health Care + Pension + 25 days annual leave
- Full induction and training to be given to the successful candidate
How to Apply:
Please send CV to Zoe Hensby, HR Manager, Altrad NSG Ltd, Fourth Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside CH5 2NR or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications is Friday 26 April 2019