Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) brings together expertise from our Global businesses to deliver distributed energy solutions to large businesses. We are a growth business and as we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Health, Safety, Environment and Security Advisor.
Location: Windsor - regular UK travel
Salary: Competitive + car + excellent flexible benefits package + bonus
The HSES Advisor will provide competent advice and guidance to CBS UK&I (Centrica Business Solutions UK & Ireland) staff on Health, Safety, Environment, Security and Quality issues in compliance with legislation and standards. They will represent the business to clients and other stake holders; undertake audits and inspections; prepare, review and amend HSES documentation and undertake HSE training as required. We are looking for someone with a passion for HSES that will encourage continuous improvement.
As part of the rapidly growing CBS team, your work will be incredibly varied. It will include but not be limited to Solar construction sites/Combined Heat and Power sites/Electrical projects as well as Solar/Electrical vehicle charging point installations. Your expertise will be in high demand, working closely with the sales, engineering, design and procurement teams when in Centrica's head office in Windsor.
- Act as point of contact for Health, Safety, Environment, Security and Quality within CBS UK&I
- Communicate with all employees as required to ensure the integration and application of the HSES & QMS management systems
- Undertake LOD 1 audits and inspections of work activities and compliance with the HSES & QMS management systems
- Lead, assist and provide guidance on HSES investigations to ensure root cause is identified and actions are undertaken to prevent recurrence, monitor actions raised through to completion
- Monitor, review & analyse HSES statistics
- Assist in the justification for resource allocation as required to ensure adequate management of HSES risk
Key competencies required to carry out the role competently and effectively:
- Thorough knowledge of HSES legislation, standards and best practice
- Thorough knowledge and experience of design, construction and O&M activities
- Experience working in a mechanical/electrical environment and have understanding of the potential risks/hazards
- Excellent communication skills, written (including report writing) & verbal
- Commercial awareness and application of the term 'reasonably practicable'
- Strong interpersonal skills including influencing and negotiation to ensure effective relationship management
- Ability to identify key information and key trends from HSES data
- Good level of IT literacy required and high level of initiative required
- Knowledge and understanding of HSES and quality management systems
- Appreciation of the implications various HSES initiatives will have on sites
- Experience of operating in a multi-site environment
- Experience and understanding of working construction sites
- IOSH Technical Member (Tech IOSH) minimum and working towards Grad IOSH
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupation Safety & Health/NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety
- Certificate in Environmental Management, Environmental Awareness training favourable but not essential