Regional Health & Safety Manager
Regional Health & Safety Manager
Your new role
As Regional Health and Safety Manager you’ll lead on supporting and delivering our national ‘Home, Safe and Well’ programme in the East region. This role will also be responsible for engaging with the wider business to support and assist in the successful transfer of our outsourced requirements into Highways England, it will be our largest TUPE project to date. You’ll ensure that Health and Safety (Home Safe and Well) is at the forefront of the delivery model and you’ll work in collaboration with the wider team, other stakeholders within Highways England and our supply chain to achieve Health and Safety improvements. This is a unique opportunity to innovate and influence the health, safety and wellbeing strategy in a mixture of exciting deliverables.
What you’ll be leading on
- Support the Regional Divisional Director with all matters health, safety and wellbeing by providing competent advice and guidance
- Manage a small team of health and safety professionals
- Lead the relevant health and safety programmes, plans and initiatives, specifically ‘Home, Safe and Well’
- Influence and shape health, safety and wellbeing strategies that push the boundaries and reduce exposure within the East region
- Ensure compliance with legislation and specifically CDM regulations and internal requirements
- Support incident investigation and performance management
To be successful
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent, ideally with a Chartered Membership
- Previous Health and Safety Manager experience, ideally in an infrastructure environment
- Practical/Working knowledge of CDM and other relevant legislation
- Experience of providing sound health and safety advice and implementing strategy across projects
- Previous experience of establishing stakeholder relationships
A bit about us
Safety, Engineering and Standards (SES) is an exciting place to work. SES key priorities are to support world class operational delivery and technical advice for our road network, provide support services to lead, enable and innovate in the development of the Strategic Road Network and provide expert advice on matters relating to health and safety. If you are looking for a challenging, exhilarating and world class organisation then join one of our dedicated, professional teams leading on technical services, health and safety, sustainability and diversity agendas for Highways England.
Want to know more?
Take a look at our Regional Health and Safety Manager role profile.
Interviews are planned to take place week commencing 20th May 2019.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
We reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.