Senior Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Leatherhead | £60,000 + Car allowance + Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a major principal contractor to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager. The company are one of the highest profile in the UK and are responsible for the UK's most well-known developments. They have an excellent track record of health, safety and environment performance and the Health, Safety and Environment Manager is critical to ensure this is not only maintained but continually improved and developed.
This role is leading health, safety and environment on a range of projects totaling £200m across Surrey, Sussex, London and Berkshire.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Assisting, advising and coaching contractors to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health, safety and environment strategy
- Conducting major incident investigations to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Auditing site and reporting on health, safety and environment performance, conducting training where required
- Constantly assessing and amending the health, safety and environment strategy assessing opportunities for health and safety improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within construction or a related industry
- Experience operating at site influencing and engaging key stakeholders
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and Grad IOSH status
- Ideally working knowledge of behavioural safety programmes
This Health, Safety and Environment Manager position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.