Health and Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager - Chesterfield, Derbyshire - £45k-£50k+package - specialist medium-sized (£18m turnover) civil engineering contractor, delivering projects across the UK.
Health and Safety Manager for a forward thinking construction contractor providing innovative solutions to both challenging engineering projects and complex building projects, within all aspects of the construction and civil engineering markets. Excellent opportunity to join a stable
* Responsible for driving a positive safety culture and best practice across the company and a range of construction projects. Keep people safe.
* Manage, advise and guide on all health, safety and environmental matters, keeping the business up to date with health and safety arrangements, policy, best practice and issues as they arise. Ensure we are compliant.
* Undertake site, office and depot audits and implement corrective action as required.
* Based in Chesterfield with regular visits to satellite offices and sites around the UK.
Experience, attributes and skills required:
* Degree level or equivalent. Minimum of NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety and preferably membership of IOSH.
* Hands-on Health and Safety experience within the construction/rail/highways industry.
* Experience of Rope Access useful but not essential, as are CSCS, PTS and Confined Spaces certificates.
* Comprehensive knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation and best practice.
* Understanding of construction and other building processes, equipment and plant.
* Effective communication skills, both written and verbal. Report writing ability essential.
* Good attention to detail with an analytical and pragmatic approach.
* Ability to engage and work with people at all levels both within the company and our clients.
* An open mind - we don't expect to find a candidate who knows all there is to know about what we do but we want a candidate who is keen to learn.
* Full UK driving licence.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy