Environment & Sustainability Advisor
A FTSE 100 civil engineering company has partnered with Acre to source an Environmental and Sustainability Advisor to lead a project on an 18-month contract. You will be based in Manchester and reporting into the Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability Director. Your focus will be to drive the environmental and sustainability strategy forward across several divisions and teams within the business.
- Contribute to the Strategic Business Unit's Sustainability action plan and translate policies, standards & targets for the local sectors/ delivery units
- Support the delivery of the sustainability performance management and reporting for the designated work area, analysing trends to build improvement via the Sustainability Portal
- Provide on-going expertise to support and coach stakeholders at projects and offices through regular and structured site visits and communications
- Ensure projects are compliant with the environmental and sustainability requirements of the UK Business Management System (BMS)
- Enable contracts, projects and offices to recognise risks and opportunities, to deliver overall environmental, sustainability and social value contractual obligations
This is an amazing opportunity for an Environmental and Sustainability professional who is looking to step up into a more strategic role. The chance to drive change, influence and engage the business presents this position as an exciting prospect. Communication will be crucial to driving the environmental and sustainability agenda for the business.
The successful Candidate will have
- A degree in Environmental Science or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrable experience of engaging positively and building relationships
- A professional and proactive in approach and style, excellent relationship building skills and a collaborative approach to daily duties
- The ability to manage concurrent activities and multiple projects efficiently and effectively
This exciting new role presents an opportunity to mould and drive the environmental and sustainability culture for an award-winning company. If you would like to work alongside a business who are proactively changing their ways of working to reduce their carbon footprint, please apply today.