CDM Assurance Manager - Rail
CDM Assurance Advisor - rail - Leeds/Manchester (bases in either) - £350-£450 per day
The position of Client CDM Assurance Manager is to support and provide expert advice to the Client CDM Representative to confirm that duties and responsibilities under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM) are being properly discharged by the responsible duties holders, including the Client, throughout the programme lifecycle; that the requirements of CDM are
being applied and that the programme can provide evidence as required to the Senior Sponsor, the Assessment Body, and the Office of Rail and Road, that duties are being properly discharged.
The CDM Assurance Manager (CDM AM) will have a primary role in undertaking compliance assurance checks at key stages of programme development. This will confirm that CDM compliance requirements have been met and that integration and co ordination of any discrete or overlapping projects has been properly considered such that there is consistency of approach to compliance with CDM 2015.
The CDM AM will organise, manage, and co ordinate delivery of CDM assurance and liaise closely with the Principal Designer Representative and Principal Contractor Representative(s) to ensure the requirements are clearly understood, communicated to, and addressed by the project team.
The CDM AM is required to apply an independent review at key stages within the programme to confirm that the Principal Designer activities and the design team have suitably considered and addressed health and safety responsibilities in compliance with the requirements of CDM 2015. Where necessary the CDM AM will obtain support from specialist advisors dependent upon the scope / specialism of the information to be reviewed.
Key responsibilities of the CDM Assurance Manager are to provide assurance through meetings, discussions, review and audit to:
* Confirm appointment of CDM Duty Holders has been made in accordance with the Regulations.
* Confirm through regular review with the programmes / project that Duty holders are complying with requirements of the Regulations and discharging their responsibilities
* Support the PD Representative and CDM Managers in production of the Client CDM Plan
* Assure that project documentation relating to CDM Health, Safety and wellbeing is in place and maintained, and that key deliverables are defined in alignment with programme progression
* Assure that risks relating to construction works that are relevant to areas other than the operational railway network are being considered and addressed at the most appropriate stage of the programme.
* Assure that programme has established, and is maintaining a clear process for identifying, risk; and for tracking and managing control and mitigation significant or unusual in alignment with the general principles of prevention and that design risk mitigation information forms an integral part of the design deliverables.
* Check that Network Rail Protection through Engineering Design (PtED) process is being applied to hazard elimination & risk mitigation / control for all construction work. (Safety by Design)
* Check that reviews and integration, from a safety risk perspective, of overlapping or discrete work packages within the overall programme is being undertaken and that alignment, consistency of approach and dissemination of best practice has been carried out.
* Check that the required information used in the design has been identified and made available (where reasonably practicable Act as key contact for Client CDM matters with the respective Programme Sponsors is effective; and provide advice and guidance on the Regulations to the programme team(s) as necessary
* Assure that the Principal Designer has established effective communication and liaison with the Principal Contractor(s)
* Provide supporting and advice to the Client CDM Representative in discussions with Stakeholders,regulatory authorities and other affected parties.
The CDM AM will:
* Prepare an audit schedule in co ordination with the Northern Programmes CDM team. This should include liaison and cooperation with the appointed Principal Contractors to co ordinate such audits to avoid duplication / repetition.
* prepare a CDM Assurance Report each period detailing progress, compliance, critical issues and concerns and shall review this with the Senior Sponsor (or delegated person).
* Prepare, update and maintain the a CDM Tracker showing programme compliance of against regulatory and GRIP requirements for each programme
The CDM Assurance Manager must have:
* experience of implementing and managing CDM Regulations and have acted as CDM Manager, or CDM Co ordinator on major programmes of work.
* Be an OHSAS 18001 Internal Auditor
o NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
o Certified Member of Association of Project Safety.
o NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
o Technician Member of the Institution of Occupational Health and Safety.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy