TWI, Granta Park
TWI’s Quality and Safety Group successfully manages certificated management systems satisfying ISO 9001 with TickITplus, ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001. Within the Group, the Quality team provide support to everyone working at TWI’s Head Office in Abington as well as the UK regional offices. We are seeking a Quality Engineer to join this busy and friendly team. Although the focus of your role will be Quality, you may also work with our Environmental Management System.
You will be required to work with minimum supervision to deliver a timely, efficient and professional service to internal customers. You will be a self-motivated individual, able to work alone or as part of a small team. You must have accuracy, attention to detail, be organise, and have the ability to work to deadlines whilst managing frequent interruptions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are key to this role. If not already held, you will be encouraged to obtain relevant professional qualifications.
- Working in a team to maintain and improve our ISO 9001:2015 system
- Processes and procedure documentation, quality plan generation.
- Failure investigation, reporting, and quality improvement techniques.
- Commercial and engineering contract review
- Experience of working to and auditing ISO standards, preferably ISO9001, in an engineering environment.
- Experience of other systems including ISO 17025, AS9100, ISO 14001 and TickITplus is desirable.
- Understanding and experience of generating process/procedure documentation and quality plans; understanding of Root Cause Analysis.
- Experience of quality tools such as PFMEA and 8D and ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to interact with customers and explain complex information to colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to ‘think on your feet’.
For this role, you must be a UK national and be able to obtain SC clearance, and any job offer will be conditional upon this.
Job Profile: Senior Project Leader or Project Leader, Business Services
Hours: 36 hours p/wk.
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website: