Head of HSEQ (Construction)
Head of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (Construction) | Surrey | £80,000 to £90,000 base salary plus car allowance and benefits
We're pleased to be working with a major Principal Contractor to recruit a Head of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality. The company are going from strength to strength, with a growing annual turnover in excess of £400million. They are involved in a broad range of major construction, civil engineering and demolition projects and this role will lead the health and safety agenda for a major business division within the company.
They are seeking a creative, innovative individual with can bring new ideas. It is essential candidates have a proven track record of engaging and influencing senior management and proven team management and leadership experience.
Responsibilities of the Head of HSEQ will include:
- To oversee and manage health and safety across the division and continually refine and improve the health and safety strategy
- Lead the health and safety team ensuring delivery of the operational strategy across sites
- Provide regular and timely reporting to the Risk & Compliance Director and wider board members, and externally with clients and regulatory bodies as required
- Influence, engage and coach key internal and external stakeholders to deliver change and improvements
- Oversee incident investigation to identify root cause and make recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly seek opportunities for improvement and share best practice across the organisation
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role, ideally within construction, civils or a related industry
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management and site level operational staff
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and ideally Chartership of IOSH
This role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced health and safety professional to take on a true leadership role and an opportunity to drive best practice forward. For further information or to apply, please contact Michael Colton on or call 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.