Facilities Manager - Mechanical & Engineering
Facilities Manager (Mechanical & Engineering)
Abingdon, Oxfordshire | £50,000 to £55,000 plus bonus and exceptional benefits
We've been engaged by a specialist global industrial technology manufacturer to recruit a Site Facilities Leader. The organisation has a global network and this role is specifically responsible for their large research and development site in Abingdon.
The company are leaders in their field and have a great reputation in the industry. This role will take responsibility for the management of the Facilities Management contractor and ensure the effective and efficient management of services that support the varied business operations of the site.
Responsibilities of the Facilities Manager will include:
- Promote and ensure best practices are followed to deliver safe and efficient operations across the site
- Ensure buildings meet all health and safety requirements and all facilities including mechanical equipment and hard facilities meet regulatory standards
- Work closely with the Facilities Management Contractor to ensure a regular audit and maintenance programme across all services and equipment
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders including senior management, procurement and contractors, as required
- Financial and budget control of expenditure across site facilities
The successful Facilities Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a related engineering, manufacturing or industrial environment
- Good awareness and understanding of health and safety (formal qualifications not required)
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience of engaging at all levels of the organisation and with external contractors
- Cost and project management skills required
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global industry leader in a progressive and forward-thinking environment. For more information and to apply please contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.