Health & Safety Advisor
Your new company
This public sector organisation is currently undergoing ambitious change including refurbishment, major projects and developing safety culture. They are looking for someone to work with their compliance team to support the senior leaders with their health & safety obligations.
Your new role
This is a diverse and jam-packed role. On a day to day you could be managing key stakeholder relationships, supporting the implementation of health & safety strategy or even shaping the team responsibilities in regards to health & safety. You will be ensuring and managing compliance within the asset management area, making sure it is robust and embedded across the organisation.
On a day to day some of your activities may include:
- Liaising with key stakeholders including the Estates departments to build relationships and ensure health & safety standards are being met
- Assisting the Director of Health & Safety in rolling out the health & safety improvement plan for the organisation
- Delivering health & safety training
- Carrying out reactive and proactive monitoring of service area activity
- Working collaboratively with trade union representatives, other staff members and safety team colleagues to achieve a positive safety culture
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will need to have experience working within large complex organisation ideally within a built environment setting. You will need to hold a Level 6 Qualification in Health & Safety such as the NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) and either already be CMIOSH or able to achieve this within 6-12 months in the post. My client is ideally looking for someone who is highly customer focused, is capable of delivering the goals and aims of the organisation and can influence change within attitude.
What you'll get in return
In return a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered. The starting salary is anything between £43-48k, annual leave is 38 days including bank holidays, there is also a generous public sector pension scheme in place, additional wellbeing initiatives, discount cards for retail, restaurants etc... and subsidised gym memberships.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.