H&S Manager - Pharma
At UCB everything we do starts with a simple question: “How will this make a difference to the lives of people living with severe diseases?” We do that by connecting with patients and their families around the world living with the physical and social burdens of severe disease of the immune system and the central nervous system. Those connections offer new perspectives, drive innovation, and offer the hope of a new generation of therapies that will help to transform lives.
This is an opportunity that will suit an influencial H&S professional who will collaborate successfully with key stakeholders across the UK & Ireland to manage our H&S systems within a dynamic and high risk environment. The H&S Manager will help drive our overall HS&E culture, supporting and enabling business objectives.
- Responsible for the implementation of H&S management systems to ensure both legal obligations and our UCB bespoke safety culture are adequately supported.
- Ensure training needs are identified, delivered and monitored.
- Develop H&S systems/ procedures to enable business performance.
- Collaborate with key-stakeholders, advising and supporting (including tranining) on their HS&E accountabilities.
- Deliver and maintain ISO 45001.
- Ensure regulatory licenses are maintained and kept relevant;
- Support the chair of the H&S Steering Team i.e. agenda setting and governance.
- Monitor and communicate on relevant H&S trends, mitigation and resilience.
- Manage the risk management system i.e. facilitating risk assessors and/or undertaking risk assessments personally and reviewing control measures in place.
- Ensure vigilance systems e.g. life-safety are maintained and effective.
- Manage, develop and support H&S Advisor .
Full NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) and IOSH membership. CMIOSH preferred.
A recognised environmental qualification with competence in a specialised H&S field.
Previous experience of working within Life Sciences highly desireable.
Impactful communication and influencing skills, engaging and enthusiastic in promoting our H&S brand.
- Experienced in designing and implementing H&S Management systems.
- Knowledge of life sciences is required and facilities management would be helpful.
- Experience in implementing and delivering HS&E training programs to all levels.
- Proactive and solutions oriented, with a passion for making a difference.
- Skilled at building trustful relationships.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage ambiguity.
- Excellent organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
We can offer you experience of creating, implementing and monitoring H&S across a huge portfolio of risk, in a dynamic and innovative organisation that is actively pursuing and developing a safety culture to support our natural position of a learning organisation, based on empowered, competent and engaged colleagues.