Health & Safety Consultant
2 days left
- NEBOSH Qualification
- NEBOSH Certification
Health & Safety Consultant
For over sixty years the British Safety Council has been a trusted leader in health, safety and environmental management. More recently we have increased our focus on new workplace challenges such as wellbeing, particularly mental wellbeing, which is demonstrated through the launch of our new charity ‘Mates in Mind’. In addition, we have also increased focus on our international business development by establishing our first overseas operation in India just over a year ago.
Our vision is a very simple one; ‘no one should be injured or made ill through their work’. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and passionate Health & Safety Consultant to join our Audit and Consultancy team on a permanent or contract basis. If you are an Associate Tutor, we would like to hear from you too.
Health & Safety Consultant role
The role holder will be expected to undertake audits across the UK and internationally, as well as advise and guide our extensive client and member base. Full support is given by the Operations team for all of the administrative aspects of client deliverable work.
As a consultant, you will also occasionally be required to provide training at client sites. The role will require travel, both national and internationally.
All applicants will be required to provide evidence of qualifications & a CV detailing work experience. You will be working alongside our long-standing consultants and tutors; this is a great opportunity to excel your career to the next level.
Associate tutors will deliver BSC Level 2 courses and IOSH Managing Safely at client locations within the Greater London area. There will be an opportunity to deliver Health and Safety for Directors and NEBOSH courses for suitably qualified people. Our associate tutors are typically self-employed consultants undertaking training and consultancy for a range of clients.
Skills & qualifications
- Chartered level membership of IOSH (or equivalent)
- L6 Health and Safety qualification
- Demonstrable experience of auditing protocols and processes
- IT literate (including use the use word and excel)
- Excellent instructional techniques/presentation skills
- Excellent report writing/written word skills
- Technical knowledge and experience of a range of safety, health and environmental management principles, tools and techniques
- Relevant lead auditor qualification
- Recognised trainer qualification
- Experience in successful client relationship management
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Friendly, enthusiastic and engaging in conversation
- Able to work under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
What you need to do next?
We welcome applications from people with all backgrounds who share our values and are passionate about our vision, with the relevant experience.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'Apply' to read a more detailed job description. You will then be able to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you think you are the right candidate for this role, alternatively please email your cv to Menaka.Gamage@britsafe.org.
In your application, please include your health and safety qualifications, management experience, teaching experience and home postcode. Interviews will be held at our Hammersmith office.
Salary: Basic circa £40,000
- 25 days’ holidays
- Health cash plan benefit from the first day of joining
- Private medical and dental cover
- Free breakfast and subsidise lunch by in-house catering team
- Season ticket loan and many others benefits…