Central - HSE Manager
Regional Health and Safety Manager x 4
Location - Covering Birmingham and Sheffield (Other locations available)
Acre has been engaged on an exclusive basis by a high-profile property management and development business to identify four new Regional Health and Safety Managers. The four new hires will be based in either the North West, Central, East Midlands or London. You will be joining an established and high performing team currently undergoing a period of growth through acquisition. You will support your region and central teams by providing information, support and advice across all areas relating to Health, Safety, Fire and Wellbeing. Key stakeholders will include the organisation's employees, customers, contractors, suppliers and members of the public entering or residing across their portfolio of properties.
Reporting into the Regional Operations Director, with a dotted line into the Head of Health and Safety, you will develop ownership of Health and Safety at all levels across your region by providing coaching, training, and support advice to all stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Sharing ideas, identifying areas for improvement, and recommending solutions within your expert area and across your region, the H&S team, and the wider business
- Liaising with the Group H&S function and Head of H&S to advise on any local risks that require escalation
- Overseeing the delivery of third-party Health and Safety Audits and Fire Risk Assessments
- Supporting your regional team to understand and develop workplace risk assessments, providing specialist support where required
- Line managing Health and Safety Advisors as required and actively supporting their personal and professional career development
- Attending monthly Health and Safety Team meetings, approved external conferences and training courses (as agreed by the Head of Health and Safety)
- Actively committing to your personal and professional development
Candidates should be curious, opened-minded and interested in other people and how they operate. You should also come with an optimistic outlook and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Key knowledge, experience & behaviours required;
- Appropriate professional qualifications - holds or is working towards a NEBOSH Diploma or recognised equivalent (as a minimum standard)
- Previous experience developing and presenting effective training courses
- A track record of providing commercially focused, professional, pragmatic advice and producing high quality work on time and to budget
- An understanding of the needs and motivations of team members to provide effective guidance
- A team-spirited, proactive approach with a positive, "can do" attitude towards work, colleagues and clients
- An ability to articulate confidently in order to gain credibility internally and externally and to convey an image that is consistent with the organisation's values
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) including negotiating, relationship building, and influencing skills
- Able to take a practical, hands-on approach to take ownership of problems and develop / execute effective solutions
This is a unique opportunity for anyone looking to join a newly created, focused team with a defined vision to engage with the business and work collaboratively to achieve excellence.
If you are interested in speaking in confidence about a unique opportunity to join an industry-leading team, please get in touch.
Apply for Central - HSE Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly