Head of Safety Operations - UK wide - Home based
Head of Safety Operations
Home-based with UK wide remit
Acre is pleased to be working with a progressive facilities management company on an exclusive basis to identify their new Head of Safety Operations. It's an exciting time to join the organisation, who are going through a period of continued growth as well as an exciting time of organisational change. Reporting into the Director of Health, Safety & Wellbeing (DHSW) you will help to conceptualize, construct and execute a progressive safety strategy which engages customers, internal stakeholders and external bodies alike.
Overview of responsibilities
- Responsible for providing Safety support to the DHSW whilst supporting and advising all management teams, employees, volunteers and supply chain partners.
- Work collaboratively with support functions (Head of Occupational Health and Wellbeing and Operations Executives) to form sustainable relationships designed to establish a cohesive long-term improvement program for Safety.
- Develop proactive strategies for the Safety management of their workforce, supply chain and the wider external community of those people living near to and/or likely to be affected by their construction and operations.
- Develop and manage risk-based assurance programmes consistent with monitoring the application and efficacy of corporate Safety policies and procedures and to interpret and recommend strategies designed to positively affect productivity and shareholder returns.
- Assist in the development and execution of a rolling PR, marketing, and communications strategy, to improve overall company understanding of Safety related activity
- Influence and educate on an ingrained Safety culture throughout the company through continuous safety education, seminars, and business-related challenges. Develop, coordinate, manage and maintain safety programming to reduce risk and encourage intrinsic approaches with the aim of reducing the organisations incident levels to positively affect the impact of company costs.
Candidates should be degree qualified and possess comprehensive knowledge and understanding of safety and risk management. You'll also need to have an outgoing personality and enjoy engaging with stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Experience in the development of safety policies, strategies and management systems & controls that have been successful in improving safety & productivity.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of safety legislation and ISO standards
- Chartered safety practitioner equivalent experience
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work autonomously and flexibly across the UK
Get in touch today for a confidential conversation.
Apply for Head of Safety Operations - UK wide - Home based
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly