Lead Industrial Hygienist - Évreux
Acre is proud to be supporting GSK on the recruitment of an exciting, newly created role. The role will be based at one of the organisations most strategic manufacturing sites with over 1,000 employees in the North of France and will be part of a global network of Industrial Hygienists, set up to drive continuous improvement in in health and hygiene across the organisation.
Reporting to the Site Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Director, this role includes strategic planning of EHS areas as well as a tactical role related to the implementation of the EHS system at site level, current and future regulations and the implementation of best practices.
- Use advanced occupational hygiene concepts, ideas, principles and practices to assess chemical and physical hazards such as handling strong compounds, noise and non-ionizing radiation, ventilation, and to perform inspections and / or complex studies, on their own, with limited direction or supervision.
- Foster continuous improvement of the site's EHS performance and serve as site contact with regulatory agencies related to safety, health and the environment, as well as with central functions.
- Use and calibrate work hygiene measurement equipment (Hygiene Monitoring samples); develop training programs on chemical risk, hygiene and occupational health issues; provide recommendations for eliminating or reducing exposure to chemical and physical agents in the workplace.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from other sites in Europe and around the world to ensure that best EHS practices and lessons learned from adverse events are shared effectively.
The Lead Industrial Hygienist will provide advice for managing budgets supporting projects, external service providers/consultants and operating costs. The role will have a close working relationship with senior leadership on site.
Skills and Experience Required
- Ideally a Master's degree in; Engineering/Industrial Hygiene or similar qualification
- The ability to work autonomously, develop and implement strategy through influence and engagement and lead as the subject matter expert on site
- This role requires a strong analytical a technical based background within a high-risk industry
- To make this role a success, the candidate will need to be able to speak English and French fluently
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced and driven Industrial Hygienist to join one of the most respected pharmaceutical brands globally and create real change on one of the businesses most strategic sites. If you have the skills and experience, we are looking for and you are interested in this opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply or get in contact.