SHEQ Regional Manager
2 days left
- NEBOSH Qualification
- NEBOSH Certification
Senior Health & Safety Manager required for respected national contractor - apply now
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working in partnership with a leading national civil engineering contractor that specialises in highways, water, structures and rail projects. Their culture is focused on engineering excellence, sustainability and exacting standards regarding health and safety. Due to increasing workload and organisational change, they have a requirement for a skilled, experienced Regional Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to provide leadership to a team of Advisors across South Wales.
Your new role
Reporting to the UK Head of Health & Safety, your new role will involve managing a committed team of HSE Advisors, supervising and coordinating work systems to ensure that the highest quality standards of the company are met and that the working conditions of all sites are favorable and safe. Your duties will involve:
- Providing management direction across the region with regards to SHEQ Management and Compliance.
- Understanding the Group SHEQ Policies and the Procedures and statutory requirements as they affect the Group's operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented within their region
- Assisting in maintaining and seeking continuous improvement in the Group SHEQ policies and procedures in relation to current industry best practice and minimum statutory requirements
- Ensuring an ongoing team of SHEQ Advisors is in place to provide support in all SHEQ matters related to Regional operations
- Managing the development and structure of this team to ensure that the ongoing needs of the Region and its strategy are met
- Managing all matters connected with accident prevention including the legal requirements for safety, health and welfare and participate as required in any investigations into accidents or dangerous occurrences
- Carrying out the investigation of injuries, environmental accidents, dangerous occurrences and other incidents where necessary and where appropriate as requested by the UK Head of SHEQ
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in the law.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll need to hold Hold a recognised health & safety qualification such as NEBOSH or equivalent, have experience of devising and delivering Health & Safety training, be computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), have a proven track record within the construction industry and have previous experience of managing a team in a Health & Safety capacity.
What you'll get in return
On offer is an excellent salary and package comprising of generous pension and healthcare benefits, a car allowance of £5,000, opportunities for career development in exchange for your loyalty and effort and the job security of working for a financially stable national leader in their field.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for SHEQ Regional Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly