Your new company
A well-established specialist service provider that operates across different sectors such as utilities, construction and civil engineering is looking for a Safety Advisor to cover North London & Thames Valley regions. The organisation works has a portfolio of high profile clients and multiple accreditations such as ISO 9001 / 14001 / 45001.
Your new role
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Carry out incidents and accidents investigations and produce statistics for the senior management teams
- Plan and manage safety around deep excavations and vertical shafts.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. confined spaces, lifting operations, wastewater / water networks, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
What you'll need to succeed
You are ideally Grad IOSH and hold NEBOSH in Construction and Fire Safety. Ideally you have good H&S working experience across the utilities, waste management or related sectors.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary + benefits such as the opportunity to develop your skills and qualifications, career progression, company pension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.