Senior Health and Safety Advisor
Senior Health and Safety Advisor | Construction East London| £55,000 + Travel and Excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a high-profile principal contractor to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Advisor. This role will primarily focus on a major, long term mixed-use construction project. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious health and safety professional who is looking to develop their career further with a leader in the industry.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Engaging across the site, implementing health and safety policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation through mentoring, coaching and developing contractors
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement, and reporting on the findings
The successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or civil engineering or a related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally working towards Diploma level and relevant membership of IOSH
- Drive and enthusiasm with the ability to promote a positive Health and Safety culture
- The ability to lead and engage with a range of key stakeholders across the site
Experienced with lifting operations would be an advantage
For further information or to discuss your career, contact James cox on or 01923 432 687.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.