Fire Risk Assessor
Fire Risk Assessor
London | £50,000 + Car + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading construction organisation as a Fire Risk Assessor. This will be a varied role in a dynamic, fast paced environment and is a great opportunity for a fire safety professional to further develop and grow their career.
Responsibilities of the Fire Risk Assessor will include:
- Reviewing the current fire safety system to ensure it is compliant and fit for purpose
- Assisting and advising local managers on the day to day implementation of the fire safety management system, auditing against this and running training where required
- Working with site managers to create pragmatic solutions and managing the program to ensure key priorities from audits are actioned
- Acting as the key point of contact with third party organisations, including enforcement agencies and the primary authority
- Continually looking for opportunities to improve performance across fire safety and creating new and innovative ideas based on these
The successful Fire Risk Assessor will have:
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH Fire Risk Management Certificate
- Must be on an accreditation register Institution of Fire Risk Engineers (IFE), Institute for Fire Safety Managers (IFSM)
- Experience operating in extremely fast paced, multi-site environments with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Exceptional communications skills with experience of influencing and engaging effectively across a wide range of stakeholders
Some enforcement, construction safety or asbestos experience would be ideal.
This position will require a self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a wider team, lead by example and hit the ground running. The position will include national travel; a valid UK driver's license is essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Evans Salvo on +44(0) 1923 432 628.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Fire Safety Managers, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.