Fire Safety Manager
Acre is delighted to be partnering with a globally recognised transportation business as they look to hire a new Fire Safety Manager. Our client: a household name with an excellent brand reputation are at a point in time whereby their whole safety strategy is critical to operational business performance, with Fire being a key risk to the business.
The role will focus on influencing and engaging senior stakeholders, and to provide Fire Safety leadership, management and coordination throughout the business. This is a chance to join an organisation and team that strive to innovate and drive change to culture that will assist the development of a leading Fire Safety strategy.
- Engagement with the Health and Safety team to ensure that expectations, strategies, and standards are being adhered to throughout the organisation
- Support and enable collaborative working relationships between business area and other departments to ensure that more complex cross-departmental fire safety issues are mapped and managed appropriately
- Develop in-depth understanding of their business areas, operational challenges, changes, stakeholder relationships, as well as developing an understanding of the existing safety culture and colleagues' attitude to Fire Safety
- Support business units to define accountabilities for all roles, including accountabilities for the oversight and assurance of third party FHS performance.
- Work with programme leads, project managers, building control services, construction companies and design teams to review fire engineering designs and proposals.
- Hold essential skills in effective communication, influencing, engagement and developing successful business wide relationships
- Have essential experience in successful change management
- Have experience in influencing changes in Fire, Health and Safety culture and behaviour
- Hold a professional qualification through the Institute of Fire Engineers, Skills for Justice and or CIPD membership demonstrating professional Fire, Health and Safety qualification
- Relevant qualification in fire safety and fire engineering, developing fire safety processes and procedures, delivering training, project and budget management
This position offers a great opportunity to take up a hugely influential role in an innovative Fire Safety team with the responsibility to help structure an organisation's Fire Safety culture. If you feel you have the correct skill set, then please do apply or contact Gavin Coates at with any questions.