Head of Health and Safety
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile leader in the operating in the utilities industry to recruit a Head of Health and Safety. The role will involve leading a large health and safety team to ensure the successful delivery of the Health and Safety strategy. Specifically, this organisation are looking for a creative, innovative, individual with new ideas, who can drive a behavioral change programme and which can ensure their health and safety program continues to deliver to the highest standard.
Responsibilities for the Head of Health and Safety will include:
- Reviewing the health and safety strategy, ensuring this is fit for purpose and industry best practice
- Leading a regional team ensuring the implementation of the health and safety policies and procedures on site
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation and ensuring the organisation remains compliant
- Engaging with senior managers, clients and external stakeholders ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical health and safety related enquires
- Continually developing and reviewing the health and safety management system in line with industry best practice
The successful Head of Health and Safety will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within major infrastructure, civil engineering, rail, utilities or a similar regulatory driven environment
- Ideally hold or working towards a NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma or NVQ 5 (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- The ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders from operations on the ground to the Boardroom
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.