Health & Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager (Contract)
Birmingham | £350 per day
Irwin & Colton are currently working with a large, high profile Principal Contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Manager for a 6-month contract. The organisation have a track record of successful delivery of high profile construction projects and the health and safety agenda has always been core to their operations.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Visiting sites, conducting audits and inspections and engaging with site managers and external stakeholders, working with them to drive a positive safety culture
- Offering advice and information to the site teams to assist in the implementation of the health and safety policies
- Preparing, developing and delivering training internally to staff and carrying out tool box talks
- Investigating accidents and incidents and identifying the root cause and sharing best practice
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within construction, civil engineering, demolition or a related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally working toward or hold diploma level or NVQ level 5
- Genuine enthusiasm for health and safety and the drive to make a difference
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to tailor a message and communicate succinctly to a range of stakeholders
Regular site travel will be required for this role. A UK Driving License is essential.
Contact Evans Salvo on or 01923 432 628.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.