Health & Safety Manager (Mechanical & Electrical)
Acre is pleased to be partnering with a leading construction business as they seek to hire a new HSE Manager (M&E) with national responsibility.
You will support the divisional HSE Director, Regional HSE Managers, and the wider construction/engineering/infrastructure teams with planning and execution of effective HSE policies with regards to Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Health and Safety.
This role covers projects across the UK and working from home will be encouraged. Based on the current project portfolio a location between London to Birmingham would be preferred.
Other Key Responsibilities
- Liaise with divisional HSE Managers in relation to HSE Adviser workload, particularly for National M&E projects, arranging boundaries and collaboration across HSE teams to suit workloads and specialist M&E support
- Supporting the Managing Director and its Board of Operations Directors in maintaining business unit ISO 45001 compliance/certification, and day to day management of its processes and procedures
- Analyse accident/incident statistics, identifying trends and in conjunction with the operational teams, and most crucially provide improvement plans and targeted training aimed at future prevention and lessons learnt
- Providing technical support to all Engineering Services (IES) employees, and regional teams on all HSE-related subjects and legislative updates
- Supporting submissions for external awards eg: RoSPA, CHAS, liaise with central HSE admin resource and Safety Manager(s)/Director
This opportunity requires a strong communicator with good leadership skills, a proactive mentality and experience in leading HSE within a M&E setting.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Wide expertise of M&E delivery, familiar with HSE guidance in relation to Code of Practice for Electrical and Gas Safe Systems of Work
- Able to translate business goals into performance objectives, and hold people accountable for agreed results
- Qualifications or current working knowledge of ISO 45001
- Qualifications or current working knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- The ability to train, influence and motivate both Board level, front line employees and supply chain partners
- Specialist knowledge in Electrical safety and Gas safety (Desirable)
If you feel you have the skills and experience necessary to succeed, please apply today to be considered for this excellent opportunity. If you have any questions, please contact Gavin Coates at
Apply for Health & Safety Manager (Mechanical & Electrical)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly