Health and Safety Advisor – Wembley
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
This role will be responsible for ensuring that all property related undertakings at Wembley Stadium follow health and safety best practice, achieving legal compliance as a minimum, and are supported by the correct policies, procedures and documentation.
Working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, this role will ensure that Wembley Stadium is a safe venue during property associated works and for use during both business as usual and event activities.
The role plays a key part in implementing and developing the Football Association's Health and Safety Management system to ensure legal compliance, minimise risk and promote a positive health and safety culture.
- Ensure Wembley National Stadium is a safe venue during property associated works and for use during both business as usual and event activities.
- Act as the key point of contact for all venue property health and safety assistance, including Facilities Management and Capital Projects.
- Ensure legal compliance as a minimum utilising tool such as risk registers, compliance inspections and audits, documentation reviews, procurement processes, and the permit to work system.
- Work proactively with stadium service providers to ensure they follow current health and safety best practice and conform to applicable standards.
- Be the conduit to enable external assessments of risk including fire risk assessments and external health and safety audits.
- Lead committees and meetings such as the Property Health and Safety Sub-Committee and Fire Safety Working Group in an efficient and constructive manner.
- Implement and develop the Football Association Health and Safety Management System.
- Write and review health and safety policies and procedures which are relevant, engaging and in-line with business strategy and priorities.
- Collaboratively assist departments with assessments of risks and controls, review incoming documentation, proactively providing constructive feedback ensuring all venue policies are adhered to.
- Conduct health and safety audits and inspections, investigate adverse events to prevent re-occurrence, compile data for reporting to senior management.
- Implement measures to enable continual improvement of safety performance, establishing industry best practice, utilising a range of available resources.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet the stadium and FA group priorities.
- Deputise for the Health and Safety Manager – Wembley as required, including event day responsibilities.
- Share best practice with the Health and Safety Advisor at St. George's Park, providing assistance as required.
- Provide health and safety advice to the wider FA business where required.
- Any other reasonable additional tasks.
What we are looking for
- A strong technical knowledge of health and safety, shown through possession of a NCRQ, NVQ, or NEBOSH qualification or relevant experience.
- The ability to communicate with and influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Construction industry and/or facilities management experience
- A sound understanding of health and safety legal requirements and their application, especially CDM 2015.
- The ability to work flexibly on multiple projects, prioritise and multi-task.
- Highly proficient in a range of IT areas, including Microsoft Office and safety software programmes.
- The flexibility to work evenings and weekends at the stadium as required to oversee H&S during projects and events.
- Graduate or Chartered Member of IOSH
- Member of the Association for Project Safety
- Experience of health and safety in the events industry
- Knowledge of fire hazards and controls and experience of fire risk assessments.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
Please click the "Apply" button.