Health and Safety Manager (Caribbean Tropical Island)
Health and Safety Manager
The British Virgin Islands (BVI)
£30,000 + All living costs
An exciting and truly unique opportunity has arisen with a global luxury hotel organisation to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. This is a diverse role and is responsible for managing Health and Safety across a high-profile resort ranging from operational property safety risks through to recreational events, food safety and Covid policies. As a result, this role will suit a candidate with broad experience centering in the hospitality and hotel sectors.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Providing operational advice and support on the implementation of health and safety systems
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site and conducting incident investigations, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
- Acting as the center point for health and safety, chairing meetings with senior management and presenting to key stakeholders
- Conducting health and safety training and inductions where required
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within leisure, hotels, facilities management, property, building services, media or a related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH, ideally hold or working towards Diploma level qualification
- Excellent communications skills, ideally with some experience working in an international hospitality environment
Some experience with food safety and fire safety would be ideal
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Isla Robson at on +44(0) 1923 432 801 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.