Lead Safety, Health and Environment Adviser
1 day left
- NEBOSH Qualification
- NEBOSH Certification
Our new approach to safety, health and environment management and our ambitious plans for the future, make this an exciting time to join the UCLan SHE Department. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic forward-thinking individual, with a proven ability to influence and succeed within a complex and fast paced environment.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Chartered Safety & Health Practitioner to support the work of the SHE Department in the role of Lead Safety, Health and Environment Adviser. The successful candidate will:
- Provide comprehensive, professional and proactive SHE advice, training, instruction and information across the University to ensure high quality SHE standards are achieved.
- Act as the University lead and key source of advice on construction, design, estates and facilities management projects/functions including contractor management.
- Act as the competent person for fire safety and undertake in-house fire risk assessments for the University’s property portfolio.
- Implement and manage the University’s fire risk management system in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Maintain an awareness of activity within the wider University; develop, consult and implement SHE related University procedures to ensure compliance with legal requirements and best practice.
- Play an important role assisting the SHE Department in promoting a health and safety culture across the University with a strong emphasis on mentoring and training.
Experience of providing SHE advice in relation to facilities/estates management, maintenance or construction along with experience and knowledge of fire safety, fire risk assessment and fire safety engineering are essential. The successful candidate should have the personal skills to positively influence at all levels across the University, as well as manage their own workload in order to meet the requirements of the business.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston.
Please apply online by clicking the “Apply” button.
If you cannot apply online please contact Human Resources on 01772 892324 and quoting the reference number. CVs will not be considered unless accompanied by a completed application form.