Health & Safety Manager
You're working in health & safety as you want to make a difference. You have a desire to create meaningful change - but are your business supporting you to accomplish that?
This business, a G15 housing association, know that their future must be a safe and sustainable one. The leadership team are ready for innovation to take place and are looking for someone like you to be their pioneer.
Day to day, you'll be putting your experience and expertise setting realistic and meaningful health & safety objectives into practice. You'll work closely with divisional directors to ensure a collective vision that extends beyond systems and compliance to focus on people and behaviour, helping to create a positively reinforced learning culture.
- A confident and experienced influencer - You'll be the divisional H&S lead on for the newly established Customer Services business, responsible for embedding continuous improvement into the company strategy and engaging with the board.
* Organised and happy to be hands-on with the day to day requirements of the role - You'll be spending time in a customer-facing environment, interacting closely with various internal and external bodies to create a thorough, compliant H&S culture.
* Commercially aware - You'll be working closely with the divisional directors to ensure H&S plays a valuable role in all business decision making, helping the business to see the value of a positive H&S culture.
* An innovator - You'll thrive on new ideas and challenging traditional methods of working. You'll win the hearts and minds of a variety of stakeholders, both internally and externally, to ensure operational teams take accountability and ownership of H&S performance.
In terms of experience;
- It's important that you have experience working in the services sector, either in facilities management, property management, banking and finance or social housing.
* It's vital that you can manage and develop a team - Previous experience of people management is a must.
* If you can demonstrate that you're able to build relationships at every level, from building site to boardroom, that will go a long way.
* Some creativity and evidence of collaboratively solving problems in your current health & safety role is welcome.
You will be based in London or the surrounding counties, ideally within an hour's commute of Ealing, and the business operates from Berkshire to Kent. That will mean some driving, so a license is essential!
In return for your skills and expertise you'll be met with a salary of up to £58,000 dependent on your experience. You'll also have some peace of mind. This organisation hasn't been affected by recent events and is pushing ahead with its growth and hiring plans.
If this has piqued your interest, get in touch with Jonathan Goldsmith at to discuss the role. Don't worry if your CV isn't ready yet - we can work out the finer details later.
Apply for Health & Safety Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly