Head of Health and Safety
Head of Health and Safety (Construction)
Epping | £80,000 + Car + Excellent Benefits
We are pleased to be working with a major principle construction contractor to recruit a Head of Health and Safety. The company are going from strength to strength, with a growing turnover in excess of £100m. Our client is involved in a broad range of projects with sites predominately across London.
Responsibilities for the Head of Health and Safety will include:
- Leading a regional team ensuring the implementation of health and safety policies and procedures on site
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation and ensuring the organisation remains compliant
- Engaging with senior managers, clients and external stakeholders ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical health and safety related enquires
- Continually developing and reviewing the health and safety management system in line with industry best practice
The successful Head of Health and Safety will have:
- Proven experience in a similar leadership role within construction or civil engineering, ideally with Principal Contractor experience
- Ideally a NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma or NVQ 5 (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- The ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
The Health and Safety Manager position will require an individual who is ready to take the next step in their health and safety career. For further information or to discuss your career, contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.
Apply for Head of Health and Safety
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly