Senior Safety Advisor
Senior Health and Safety Advisor
London | £60,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a major civil engineering & RC Frame contractor to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Advisor. The company are one of the highest profile contractors in the UK and are involved in the construction of the UK's most renowned developments. They have an excellent track record of health and safety performance and the Health and Safety Advisor is critical to ensure this is not only maintained but continually improved and developed.
This role will be based within London, however, will involve regular trave across the UK, including Yorkshire & Scotland and will focus on major infrastructure & civil engineering projects.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Assisting, advising and coaching project management teams to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Conducting major incident investigations to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Working closely with the Health and Safety Manager & Director to constantly assess and amend the health and safety strategy, identifying opportunities for health and safety improvements and sharing best practice across the organization
- Regular travel to Head office based in Greater London is essential.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within tunneling experience or civil engineering or a related industry. Experience with RC Frame highly desirable.
- Experience operating at site influencing and engaging key stakeholders
- Ideally hold or working towards NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
This Health and Safety Advisor position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Evans Salvo on or 01923 432 628.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.